Eligibility for membership:
The following persons, institutions or groups are eligible for membership:
- Employees of KTDA and it’s subsidiaries
- Public and Civil servants
- Any company or corporate institution willing to remit make check off deductions for their staff
- Organized groups such as Chamas, investment clubs and welfare associations.
- Immediate family of an existing member
Membership requirements and application procedure:
For a prospective member, the following are the requirements and procedure for becoming a member:
- The member must be 18 years and above
- Provide a copy of valid Kenyan Identity card and/or passport for Kenyans living in the diaspora
- Provide a passport size photograph
- Dully filled and signed membership form
- Pay the required membership fees i.e. Kshs 1,000.
- Take up the minimum number of shares.
- Purchase the minimum share capital within 24 months of membership or upon application of the first loan.
Benefits of membership
As a member, you are able to manage your financial wealth through the following ways:
- Competitive returns on your savings
- Earn rebates on your Deposits
- Earn Dividends on your Share Capital
- Acquire loans at low interest rates
- Enjoy real estate investments through Chai Diamond
- Members are also entitled to the following retail products from Chai Sacco: